Morning – AM
BRANDING FOR CANDLE BUSINESSES
Introduction of your business idea and further discussions and worksheets as to determine your brand positioning, you niche, your value and physiology of your brand persona.
Note: this is not to be skipped part as you will miss out a lot. I have proven strategy to get you as quickly as possible to determine your niche and your true difference. You might come from the marketing background and have a huge marketing experience which I truly admire and appreciate but you are not an expert for candle business branding and marketing.
CANDLE MAKING PROCESS – PRACTICAL & HANDS ON ENGAGING
1. Step by step process of making a scented soy container candle
2. What obstacles you will be encountering on route to product development and how to solve the issues
4. How to choose the right wax for your business.
5. Natural waxes and wicks – SWOT Analysis
6. Natural wicks and how to determine the size
7. Equipment needed when starting as a small business and how to set up for scaling
8. Why fragrances misbehave and how to solve this issue with some of the trade secrets exposed
9. I will share the whole list of my contacts and suppliers with you for your future business trade accounts and purchases
10. Pricing calculations and formulas
LEGISLATION – A DETAILED OVERVIEW
1. Legislation and selling legalities – a detailed overview of the Legislation including resources and contacts for Regulators
2.Product Safety Directive and why it matters to your business
3. Safety tests required for your candle burn including testing for safety information and worksheets
LUNCH BREAK – 1 Hour
Afternoon – PM
You will compose your own signature fragrance for your candle business having access to over 100 fragrance material on the day. A Perfumer will be with you every step of the way to help you create your balanced signature fragrance for your candle or reed diffuser business.
PART 1 – Introduction
Introduction to perfumery
Importance of fragrance for your business
Why fragrance industry is so secretive
Types of fragrance materials to work with and equipment needed
Fragrance testing for your business
Natural VS synthetic compositions
Characteristics of fragrance material
Do middle, top and base notes really matter?
Suppliers contact details for sourcing fragrance material in the UK (for international brands and companies I will provide USA suppliers list of details)
PART 2 NOSE TRAINING
How to smell – professionally like a perfumer
PART 2 – Fragrance Making
This is when the expert fragrance composing starts with the guided hand of a Head Perfumer.
ll equipment and material along with printed out notes will be available to you to take home including a 15ml of your made fragrance along with any vials of testers that you made on the day, a scented container candles and plenty of worksheets, safety testing sheets, suppliers details, business legals and resources.
Plenty of teas and coffees with be served during the day.
Price of the Accelerate is per person. I appreciate that you wish to bring a friend, family member or a colleague and please note that they are required to pay a full price if they are to accompany you to the workshop. No discounts are offered.
Lunch is not included. However there are lots of lovely places to eat in the area.
COPYRIGHT CONTENT AND WORKSHOP MATERIALS
All workshop content is copyright protected.